From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:42:23 -0500
I recently bought Cincinnati - Mahler/Mendelssohn/Schubert - VoxBox CDX
5138.  On it is Das Lied von der Erde, conducted by Walter Susskind.  Not
having had much exposure to Mahler, I bought the disk because it was a
bargain, and also it has Thomas Schippers conducting A Midsummer Night's
Dream and Schubert's Symphony No.  8.

I was immediately struck by the beauty of Das Lied and wanted to find out
more about maestro Susskind.  I'm wondering if any members have an opinion
about this recording and about Susskind's work in general.

Thanks, as always.

Ron Chaplin