From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 11:09:49 -0700
Bob Yoon wrote:

>As a clarinetist, I would have liked concertos by: Prokofiev

Karl Miller responds:

>You almost have one in the Kent Kennan orchestration!
>Prokofiev, Sergey, 1891-1953
>Clarinet concerto: Summer day ; Sinfonietta / Sergei Prokofiev
>CRC 2154 Centaur
>The 1st work, originally a sonata for flute and piano, arr.  by Kent
>Kennan; the 2nd work a suite for small orchestra.

The Flute Sonata, Op.  94, immediately caused many to request SP to make
a violin arrangement (now known as Violin Sonata No.  2, Op.  94bis).  It
is one of my very very favorite pieces.  It really got me into Prokofiev.
What a great, modern, yet accessible, melody.  IMHO it really straddles the
line between P's styles.

Since, it has been arranged for many instrumental combinations.  BUT the
only orchestrated version IIRC seems to be the Clarinet Concerto version
mentioned above.  Refutations?

Bob K.