From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:48:24 -0600
Donald Satz asks:

>I'm looking to round out my collection of recordings of the Debussy
>Preludes for Piano. ...
>
>This leads to my two questions.  Of the above recordings I don't have,
>would any of them be great additions to my library? Are there any other
>recordings of merit for Debussy's Preludes?

Well, not of the Preludes, but I came across recently a remarkable CD of
Debussy playing his own stuff.  This counts, I think, as a must-have for
Debussy aficionados.  The tracks are mostly from Welte-Mignon piano rolls,
beautifully realized, and some acoustic recordings of Debussy and Mary
Garden.  The CD is Pierian 0001.

Steve Schwartz