From:
Steven Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 20:20:16 -0500
Mark Seeley:

>Please recommend a recording of Benj.  Britten's Courtly Dances from
>Glorianna.

The best one I've heard is by Julian Bream, but it's a chamber arrangement.
I have no idea whether Britten made the arrangement, and I don't care.  It
was available from RCA.

>Also, is this the same thing as Glorianna Suite?  I am having trouble
>finding a recording containing Courtly Dances in the stores.

No.  The Gloriana Suite contains more music.  The Courtly Dances comprise
the third movement.  The composer prepared this suite, arranged for
symphony orchestra.  The complete opera Gloriana (I think one of Britten's
best) was available on Argo once upon a time.  It may still be.

Steve Schwartz