From:
David Runnion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:00:47 +0100
Jane Pierce wrote:

>How could Mozart be as mature and wise in his short live in comparison
>to Beethoven?!  How could Beethoven have had the same appreciation for
>the music of Mozart who was so much more delicate than the loud booming
>chords of Beethoven.  So many of Mozart's themes are based on a single
>note melody.

Well, I am intrigued by all this trashing of Mozart.  I didn't think anyone
in the universe disliked Mozart, and here it seems his reputation is just
a notch below that of Sid Vicious.

I'm wondering just which of Mozart's themes are based on a single-note
(please hyphenate two-word modifiers, makes my proofreader heart skip a
beat when I see that) melody.  Some recititavos in the operas, perhaps,
that was the style.  But other than that I can't think of a single example.
But other composers, yes.  The andante of Beet 7 jumps to mind.

Poor Mozart.  Glad he doesn't subscribe to this list, he'd be very upset.

Dave Runnion
http://www.serafinotrio.com