From:
Tom Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:41:15 -0500
Steve Schwartz to Joel Hill:

>Joel Hill:
>
>>My question is: What should I look/listen for to make its
>>"masterpieceness" more evident to me?
>
>I have no idea.  If the opening bars don't grab you, I doubt anything else
>will.

Agreed.  In other words don't worry about it.  I first bought Das Leid in
high school - the Walter, Mildred Miller, Richard Lewis version.  Listen
with your mind open and go from there.  Feel free to disagree with those
who say it is great.

Having said that, this is really great stuff.

Good listening,

Tom Connor