From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 00:49:52 -0500
Mimi Ezust wrote:

>Christine Headley wrote:
>
>>What is the point of having a score in front of you, closed?
>
>If you really concentrate, you can absorb it by osmosis.

There is probably no point at all, but I remember when I was a kid in
high school I did a major role in a play (Van Helsing, in Dracula) and I
kept the script in my coat pocket for luck.  (it was small).  I often have
scores on the stand which I don't open, and I have seen Bernstein conduct
for ten minutes and then flip 50 pages of score over.  Go figure.

Kevin Sutton