From:
Bernard Chasan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 02:31:16 -0400
Deryk Barker asks:

>Why does NPR have a duty to serve the "entire public"?  Much of the
>public (presumably) is already being served by commercial radio, should
>NPR compete?

I am not sure what the "entire public " means, although I carelessly
agreed with Kevin's statement.What I really meant is that it does not
have to be ALL classical music-a mix of just cm, jazz, public affairs,
etc.  would do fine.After all, NPR quite properly does not feature pro
football.  Others do it well.

>Does PBS really need Austin City Lilmits?

Does anyone need "This American Life"?  I did find to my shock and Horror
that "Wait, wait, don't tell me" has a following.

Bernard Chasan