From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:08:24 -0700
Clue in a general knowledge crossword I attempted recently:

  A German composer who was one of the first to introduce
  settings of other words into the passions, with his St John
  Passion (1643) including choruses from Isaiah and Psalm 22.

The man in question was Thomas Selle (1559-1663).  I don't delve into
the early C17 all that often, but I must confess I'd never heard of this
composer; neither had several friends I consulted.  I wondered if any
lister has run across this name before.  I hardly think it qualifies as
general knowledge!

Richard Pennycuick