From:
Harry Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:16:18 -0600
I have recently received the Philips set of Wagner's Holla"nder with
Nelsson/Bayreuth/Estes/Balslev.  I'm impressed by the performance.

This is the first time I have heard Lisbeth Balslev and find her to be a
marvelous singer: clear, articulate, precise, and sweet, with no weakness,
wobble or sliding, unlike another and better known "Senta." What a
Sieglinde she would make!

I can find nothing else of Balslev in the inventory.  Would anyone care to
comment on other performances, disks still available, whatever, about this
capable soprano.

Cordially,

Harry Davis
Houston