From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 20:57:48 -0500
Deryk Barker wrote:

>I presume you are referring to the Lara St. John (a fellow -!  - Canadian
>BTW) CD.  What made me particularly uncomfortable about this is that Ms.
>St. J., although 25 at the time of the recording, looks on the front of
>the disc as if she's about 12.  I was happy I was sent a review copy of
>this otherwise excellent record; I'd have felt very uncomfortable buying
>it in a shop - they might just as well have plastered "Music for pederasts"
>on the front...

I remember that I offended the rep from L.St.  J's record lable when
I launched into a tirade about that album cover when she called my store
for an opinion and sales info on the record.  I am certainly no prude,
but I was offended to the core by that cover, just as I am offended by
such sterotyping nonsense as RCA's recent "Ultimate Opera Queen" cd
which prominently displayed a caricature drawing of two fey old men
in the balcony of the opera house oozing over Leontyne Price on stage.

Kevin Sutton