From:
Wilson Pereira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 00:03:57 -0300
I do not often buy records at full price, but last week I got from my
favourite mail order record company a disc (RCA Red Seal 09026 68802-2)
containing almost all musical output (afaik) by the French composer Paul
Dukas (1865-1935).  Leonard Slatkin and the French National Orchestra
(Orchestre National de France) give a first-class, electrifiyng account
of Dukas's Symphony in C major, the ballet La Peri and L'Apprenti sorcier.
The recording has an exceptionally wide dynamic range, and Leonard
Slatkin's reading is absolutely wonderful.  Those wanting a modern
recording of these works need look no further.  By the way, isn't Mr.
Slatkin a much-underrated conductor??

Regards, Wilson Pereira.