From:
Jon Johanning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 08:40:03 -0400
Ulvi Yurtsever wrote:

>This way of looking at things would quickly slide down the slope to
>absolute relativism

Right you are, and in the field of art, relativism is king, as far as I am
concerned.  I don't care for Michael Jackson's art at all, but he gives
pleasure to millions, and I'm happy that they're happy.  Do I wish that
they would graduate from MJ to, for instance, Casals and the Bach suites?
Of course, but I don't expect that that will ever happen, and I don't
choose to live my life constantly pining for things that won't happen.

Jon Johanning // [log in to unmask]