From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:06:52 -0600
Scott Ordway wrote:

>I'm looking to do an in-depth study of Bartok's Music for Strings,
>Percussion, and Celesta and would love to work with a full size score,
>but most publishers only seem to offer the pocket-editions.  Does anyone
>know of a publisher that still prints the full sized conductor's score
>of this piece?  Thanks much,

My guess is that Boosey will be willing to rent a copy of the conductor's
score.

When I taught Contemporary music, I devoted a class to the first movement
of the piece.  It is a perfect example of the use of the golden section
(fibonacci series).  The fugue subject uses every interval within the
range of the fifth, and the entrances follow the circle of fifths with
the recap being an abbreviated retrograde of the key entrances.

No doubt you are familiar with the Lendvai book and the studies done by
Antekolitz.

Hope this helps.

Karl