From:
Lee Hester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:26:33 -0800
I suspect no one has pointed out the most obvious "Music used in Film"
precisely because it is so obvious.

Prokofiev's Alexander Nevsky, written for the Sergei Eisenstein film of
the same name and their continued collaboration in Ivan the Terrible.

Nevsky in particular, remains for me the ultimate blending of music and
movie, as both Eisenstein and Prokofiev truly collaborated...  music and
movie made together.  Rather than the music being written to conform to
the movie, there are supposedly sequences where Prokofiev's music inspired
the Eisenstein's filming.

I am not as familiar with Ivan the Terrible for a variety of reasons,
but mostly because the work was unfinished due to Eisenstein's death
after filming the first 2 of 3 parts.  I find it hard to watch unfinished
movies.  However, some folks I know consider Ivan to be even greater
than Nevsky.

"Lee Hester" <[log in to unmask]>