From:
Stirling Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 10:24:31 -0400
James T. Sherman wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone knew the name of the movie about Gilbert and
>Sulivan.  Is it out in video yet? Thank you.

The movie is Topsy Turvy, and yes it is out on video.  While I found
it a bit dry in places, it seems to have made at least a few converts
to "Mikado", always a worthwhile accomplishment.

stirling s newberry
http://www.mp3.com/ssn

 [There seems to be some confusion among responders as to availability.
 I checked and both the VHS and DVD versions are available.  The VHS
 version is still priced to sell to the rental market at $107 (Amazon,
 also available with Spanish subtitles), but the DVD is priced to move
 now at $20 (also Amazon).  My suggestion is to put the $87 difference
 into a DVD player fund (if you haven't already) and get the widescreen
 DVD version with Dolby Digital 6-channel surround sound.

 The corresponding links to Amazon are:

   DVD      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=630589423X/classicalnetA/
   VHS      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=6305882010/classicalnetA/
   VHS(Sp)  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=6305882037/classicalnetA/