From:
Aryeh Oron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 02:17:20 +0200
Bach Cantatas Website: http://www.bach-cantatas.com/ - Cantata Discographies

I have just finished compiling complete discographies of the Bach Cantatas.
It means that for each cantata, whether it has been already discussed in
the BCML or has yet to be discussed, there is a dedicated page in the Bach
Cantatas Website. The page includes both complete recordings of the cantata
and recordings of individual movements from it. In some cases, where the
cantata has many recordings, they were split into some pages. For each
recording you have not only the usual details (conductor, choral and
instrumental groups, vocal soloists, label, month/year of recording and
TT), but also the title of the album on which the recording of the cantata
appears. I also added a small picture of each album. In that way you can
get immediately answer to a question like: on which album of Suzuki this
cantata appears. Each participant in the recordings is linked to his
biography at the Bach Cantatas Website. The bio includes list of all his
recordings of Bach's vocal works. The cantatas in that list are linked to
their respective pages, etc. If the performer's name is not linked, it
means that his biography is missing.

The list of complete recordings for each cantata is complete to the best
of my knowledge. I have still some extra work to do regarding recordings
of individual movements from cantatas such as BWV 21, BWV 29, BWV 140, BWV
156, BWV 208, BWV 21, etc.

I am extremely grateful for many Bach fans from all over the world, who
sent me information about recordings in their disposal. I mentioned the
names of the contributors at the bottom of the relevant pages. I would
like especially to mention Roland Worner, who helped me a lot in compiling
the discography of Fritz Werner.

If you aware of a recording I have missed, or if you have any corrections
and/or additions to the data, please send me a message, either through the
list or to my e-mail address.

Enjoy,

Aryeh Oron
Bach and Jazz Music Fan