From:
Norman Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 08:11:11 EDT
Chris Bonds wrote:

>According to Andy Warhol everybody will be famous for 15 minutes.  You
>might also say everybody will be bashed for 15 minutes.  Looks like it's
>ol' Ludwig's turn.  Let's get it over with and then learn to appreciate him
>once again.

Beethoven hardly fits an Andy Warhol's "everybody mold".  In IMO the 2
names don't deserve to appear in the same sentence.  The folks trying to
bash Beethoven are bashing themselves.  Am I really supposed to learn to
appreciate Beethoven once again, because some people are seeking a few
seconds of notoriety? I wouldn't impose my likes nor dislikes on anyone but
frankly if I thought the Choral Movement of Op. 125 boring, the same for
the piano concerti, and the violin concerto rubbish, I would keep such
thoughts under my hat and express them in the privacy of a visit to a
psychiatrist.

Norman M. Schwartz