From:
"Robert Stumpf, II" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:13:06 +0000
>From what I have read, it is true that ARG still has integrity.
Their reviewers are generally informative and the reviews written at an
accessible level.  There are some I have come to realize that anything
they like, I won't, and vice versa.  Then there are the ones who almost
always agree with me so they must know what they are talking about.  I
often will base a decision to buy on the writing of a reviewer.  Reviews
are a form of advertising no matter what was said to me from the last
American promotion leader at EMI.  (Reviews make no difference in sales.)
I am not sure whence she came by this knowledge.  It might well be that
any sales of classical music may be due entirely to reviews.  Anyway.

ARG may not be the best possible but it beats the alternatives I have
read.

The Intellectual Hobo.