From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:33:40 -0400
Steve Schwartz on fine American choruses:

>We still have the Los Angeles Master Chorale, the Desert Chorale
>of Santa Fe, the Kansas City Singers, and Cantori di New York.

Actually, it's the Kansas City Chorale.  And their sister group, also
led by Charles Bruffy, is the Phoenix Bach Choir.  Their recent joint
issue that contains the Frank Martin 'Mass for Double Choir' on the
Chandos label is a treasure.  (The CD is titled 'Eternal Rest'.  I
reviewed it here:

   http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000IB0JSE/classicalnet/

I echo what Steve says about Dale Warland and his contribution to the
American choral scene.  And I certainly agree with him about Stephen
Paulus's choral works.

Scott Morrison