From:
Dave Lampson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 17:36:16 -0700
The Spring/Summer 1999 update to the web site has been made and includes
the following highlights, among many revisions and expansions (over 700
files have been modified or added):

   June 15, 1999 (Spring/Summer 1999)
      New "Java" based frames version available
      Dozens of additions to link pages (look for the "New" symbol).
      New articles and reviews by:
         Gerald Fenech
         Paul Geffen
         Tom Godell
         Alex Morin
         Steve Schwartz
         Robert Stumpf
         Ray Tuttle
         John Bell Young
      New composers added:
         Antonio Caldara
         Moisei Vainberg

The revision page ("What's New for Spring/Summer 1999?") has links to each
of these sections.  In addition, a new version of the navigation frame
(in Java) has been added to the site.  Give it a try and let me know what
you think.

A Note on Availability: Classical Net has grown dramatically over the
years, and now serves 3000-4000 visitors a day (50-60,000 hits/day).
This volume of traffic is quite large, and providing for reliable service
at this volume is expensive.  Periodically, traffic level may hit the
maximum currently allowed by my ISP.  During these periods, the site may be
unavailable during the last few minutes (usually no more than 5-10 minutes)
of peak hours (10am-4pm PDT) of peak days (Tuesday through Thursday).  If
you encounter such a situation, simply wait a few minutes until after the
start of the hour to try and access the site again.  There should be no
access problems during off-peak hours, during the first 50-55 minutes
of peak hours, or on weekends.  I'm currently looking purchasing into
additional bandwidth.  Any and all donations to help pay for this are
gleefully accepted.

Dave
http://www.classical.net/