From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 06:28:42 +1100
Len Fehskens:

>Stereo Review (or HiFi/Stereo Review as it was once called, or maybe it
>was High Fidelity, a different magazine entirely) used to have a column
>titled The Basic Repertoire, and used to the publish a small leaflet
>summarizing the works and their recommended recordings.  I sure I long
>ago misplaced my copy; does anyone recall this list or have a copy?

Gramophone has a similar list in each issue.

Richard Pennycuick

[This was but one source of info I used for the Basic Repertoire Lists
 at Classical Net, which I think are very good, in general.  They are
 certainly more comprehensive than any I've seen elsewhere.  Check them
 out and let me know if you see anything vital missing.  -Dave]