From:
Eric Schissel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 22:16:14 -0500
As far as I know, yes, this is the .first. recording of Creston's first
symphony.  (I would gripe that they then couple it with the two most
often-recorded of his symphonies, from an early LP coupling 2&3 on, but
then, if they continue the series to include 4-6, this will just be in
retrospect a convenient way of grouping them.) Jarvi conducted the Detroit
Symphony a few years ago in Creston 1- if he and Chandos had not just
had a parting of the ways Creston 1 might have been given its premiere
recording then.

Eric Schissel (looking forward to seeing this recording sometime soon, and
hearing it too ;)