From:
Ron Ackermann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 06:56:59 -0400
Donald Satz wrote:

>I'll be in Washington D.C./Northern Virginia from Oct. 28 thru the 31st.
>I'd appreciate some feedback on record stores in the area and any concert
>performances you could recommend.  Thanks in advance.

The only store that I find consistently superior is the Tower Records in DC
(20th and Pennsylvania, easy access by Metro).  Their depth of selection is
head and shoulders above the other area stores (I won't even talk about
Borders).  They have a very good import selection also (including Naxos
Historical).  The only other store that is close in depth is Olson's in
Bethesda, but it's a harder to get to and does not have near the selection
of Tower.

Too bad you won't be here on November 6.  That's when Tower is having its'
annual CD Weekend.  Every classical label is on sale (usually $4.00 off
full price CD's).  This is when I stock up on Testament, Harmonia Mundi,
Hyperion, etc that aren't often on sale.

Happy hunting!

Ron