From:
David Runnion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 01:58:51 +0200
Robert Stieger wrote:

>While I agree with all of the sentiments so far expressed regarding MIDI
>as very lacking in the field of reproducing classical works, I think there
>is one large advantage that is being overlooked, and that is its usefulness
>to the modern classical composer.

That's an excellent point, and for that the MIDI is wonderful.  For
performers as well it can be a great study tool.  I had a synthesizer at
one point (sold it when I moved, unfortuately, stupid of me) and I often
programmed it to accompany me.  Preparing a concerto once I was helped a
lot by having an "orchestral" accompaniment to practice with instead of a
metronome.

Dave Runnion