From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 14:53:58 +1000
Tim Dickinson wrote:

>It used to be that the less common repertoire was released on Marco Polo,
>but of course they've begun doing this in a big way with Naxos.  It seems
>that I recall that some old Marco Polo recordings have been re-released
>on Naxos.  Are they still releasing new titles under the Marco Polo label,
>anyone?

Yes, they are, but not as prolifically as was once the case, nor, for my
money, as interestingly.  HNH's web site now has separate links to its
Naxos and Marco Polo releases.

For some years now, Marco Polo has been a mid-price label in Australia, the
same as eg Mercury and I assumed that was the case everywhere.  However,
mid-price here is roughly equivalent to full-price in the US.  We're really
being given the runaround on prices and it's not the dealers' fault.

Richard Pennycuick