From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 16:19:32 +1100
Peter Wisse responded to my suggestions for additions:

>Although I very much sympathise with his choice, you cannot maintain the
>fact that inclusion of the Harris, Simpson, Schmidt, Simpson, Thompson
>and Tubin symphonies are not very personal choices.

Each of these composers were already represented in The Basic Repertoire.
All I did was to suggest other works by them that I considered at least
equally worthy of inclusion.

Richard Pennycuick

[I think there's perhaps some confusion here about Richard's previous
 post.  I believe he was suggesting additions to the repertoire listings
 at Classical Net, which are quite extensive. -Dave]