From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 07:36:42 -0500
Laurence Sherwood wrote:

>I've wondered about his influence on 20th century music, and would
>appreciate any comments on the subject from List members.

I have most of his Symphonies in my collection...a few from commercial
issues, but most from broadcasts.  While I can't honestly say I have
given the music a close listen, my recollection is that it is rather
introspective.  It did not speak to me as say the work of Gerhard and
Searle (also composers of non-tonal music).

Should I be able to make some time this weekend, I will try and revisit
some of his music.  Thanks for your posting.

As for reviewing his music...I still have two reviews I am trying get
done...one of which I started about a month ago!

Karl