From:
Edgar Beach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2009 13:03:37 -0800
Richard Todd wrote:

> I-tunes might work for the presently uncatalogued portion of my
> collection or perhaps as an intermediary stage.  I'd love to store my
> music on my computer, though I don't immediately see how to do this with
> I-tunes.  My question is, could I store it at CD quality?  I imagine
> SACD quality would be out of the question, but those could go into
> Classicat.

If you have a CD player in your computer and if you have installed the
itunes program the iTunes program will automatically go online and then
put the data in and record your CD into the computer.

You can certainly get close to CD quality by recording it as a larger
size file.

You could still put your SACDs into the data base and it certainly will
not be as good a quality as that but you will get your info into your
iTunes database.

Should you wish more help or have questions re setting up your iTunes
data base you can e mail me at [log in to unmask]

Please note that I had a few thousand records on classicat and redid
my whole data into iTunes.

Ed Beach