From:
Sam Kemp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 21:22:01 +0100
To those who were saying that the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra strings
have never got a decent recording, I suggest they listen to the superbly
remastered Karajan Mahler Sixth on Deutsche Grammophon.  The strings sound
lush and rich in the slow movement, yet fiery and dramatic in the two outer
movements.  And that final major-minor chord still makes me jump every time
I hear it!

Sam Kemp