From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 02:36:09 -0700
Stuart Sinclair wrote:

>Hi There.  I do not often post to this list, but was wanting to find out
>a little about the above pianist.  The one recording I have of him He is
>playing Schumann, Are there any others.  What do list members think of
>his playing? I personally like his style.

His Rachmaninov CD is at least as good a listen.  I have information on
what others think (critics) at

   http://andrys.com/freddyk.html

Obviously I enjoy his playing.  The new Beethoven is out in Europe and
Tower imports it but I haven't heard it yet.

As for Lang Lang, while many I know are not struck very positively by his
solo recital CD, the reviews of his Grieg Concerto at Carnegie have been
rather positive:

  http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/02/arts/02LANG.html
  http://inq.philly.com/content/inquirer/2001/04/30/magazine/lang30.htm
  http://www.scena.org/columns/anson/010426-PA-lang.html

Although the NY Times one is unnecessarily vague, some people who didn't
like the CD did enjoy the Carnegie concert, while one piano-critic on
another forum didn't enjoy it.

- Andrys
http://andrys.com/books.html
Classical-music vendor-searchboxes