From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 03:58:17 -0800
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Pierre Paquin responded to me:
>
>>>If in Germany between the two world wars, it would have had to have been
>>>before early 1933 and if in Austria, before the Anschluss in 1938.
>>
>>That's totally ridiculous.
>
>I can't understand your dismissing as "totally ridiculous" my accurate
>observation that the Nazis did not permit the performance by Aryan Germans
>of the music of Mahler, a non-Aryan, where they held power.

Mahler was in fact Adolf Hitlers second greatest obsession with music after
Wagner.  I recall reading in an extensive Hitler-biography (don't remember
which one right now, I have to check), that his experience in the very
early 20th century with attending a concert in Wien of a Mahler Symphony
(Not remember right which one either but should have been Nr.1 (likely),
2 or 3), he was begeistered.  A friend of his writes that in a week Hitler
just talked about the event as "overpowering, tremendous and completely
genial" and all positive adjectives this talkative little man could find
out.

Before someone question my report, let me add that Hitler concluded his
tirade:  "...all in all, the most superb example of Jewish shaman Art I
have ever seen".

Mats Norrman