From:
Len Fehskens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 10:30:26 -0400
Sterline Newberry writes:

>While one can't fault anyone for deciding not to chase sophistication in
>every field - I am sure my wine cellar would gather guffaws from the true
>sophisticates - it should never be out of fear that one will loose out.  On
>the contrary, one will only gain.

It's not so much (for me anyway) about not "chasing sophistication" as
it is about losing sight of the fact that different doesn't necessarily
mean worse; nor does that mean that the concepts of better and worse are
invalid.  One needs to know where to apply them meaningfully, acknowledge
the role of personal values ("taste"), and resist the temptation to
conclude that more refined tastes somehow make you a superior individual.

len.