From:
John Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 23:00:17 -0700
I've been running through list messages pretty quickly lately for lack of
time, so maybe I've missed it, but I don't think I have seen any mention
of Shostakovich's 1st violin concerto which I think is one of the great
masterpieces of the 20th century.  It is so intense, so dark, so hysterical
and so beautiful that I am moved more every time I hear it.  There are some
who find the second violin concerto to be the equal of the first but for me
it is not even close.

Regards,
John Parker
Tucson Arizona