From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:32:49 -0400
Nicolas Croze-Orton wrote:

>...  I think the Beethoven violin concerto is one of the most
>boring concerto`s ever written.  Any other list member`s on my side?

Sorry, can't do it, though I do know of folks who feel the same way.

I don't know who said it, but I've heard LvB's VC referred to as the "Queen
of Violin Concertos".  It's really one of the few works that helps make
time stand still for me when I hear its ethereal beauty, especially the
slow movement.  Perhaps others feel that same quality, but refer to it as
interminable!:-)

So color me a fan.

Bill H.