From:
John Smyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 19:56:07 -0700
So I might have to pay a little for someone's sex change operation.  At
least we're adventurous in our orchestra programming as well!

Camellia Symphony's 2001-2002 schedule:

Eugene Castillo, Director

September

Pavel Haas: Scherzo Triste
William Schuman: A Song of Orpheus
Bloch: Schemolo: Rhapsody Hebraique
Tchaikovsky: Symphony 5

November

Bazelon: Memories of a Winter Childhood
Dohnanyi: Variations on a Nursery Song
Ravel: Concerto in G, Mother Goose Suite, La Valse

February

Alejandro Garcia Caturla: Tres Danzas Cubanas
April Mok: Rhapsody for Oboe and Orchestra
Vaughan Williams: Concerto for Oboe and Strings
Turnage: Three Screaming Popes
Copland: Apalachian Spring

March

Diamond: Symphony 4
Margaret Brouwer: Remembrances
Brahms: Three Songs  Op. 53
Canteloube: Songs of the Auvergne, (13 selections)

June

Shweta Jahavari: "Preface" Raga
Angel M Pena: Trinity
Bernstein: Serenade
Haydn: Symphony 22
Liszt: Les Preludes

The Camellia Symphony proudly uses solar-powered vibraphones.  Can someone
on the list tell me a little bit about, uh....Tchaikovsky and Copland?

John Smyth*
Orchestral Piano   *section leader