From:
James Tobin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:53:21 -0500
Billy Kitson:

>I have never lived in the Area around Venice, Rome, Vienna, etc., So will
>someone who has (Does?) &amp; knows the weather = Care to Comment??  Did
>"The Red Priest" have a over-vivid imagination?? Ice Skating &amp; Heat
>Hazes, etc.? Both seem a Bit "over the top" - isn't Venice on the Ocean
>(just)? [[It is Minus 3 @ the Thredbo Ski Resort this Mid Winter Morn,

Venice is on the Adriatic and if Vivaldi skated in the city it would have
been on frozen rain.  However, the Alps, where it gets colder, are not
far away.  It gets plenty hot in Summer.  (Hard for us northern hemisphere
types to realize you are cold right now.) Vivaldi's chatteringly cool
seasons have always been easier for me to visualize than his warmer ones.

Jim