From:
Janice Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 03:32:22 +0000
Evelyn Glennie certainly is a remarkable woman.  I have a copy of her
autobiography.  She has had to overcome obstacles that would stymie most
musicians.

I had the pleasure of meeting her a number of years ago back stage after
one of the National Symphony Orchestra concerts at the Kennedy Center in
Washington, DC.  A friend of mine plays the French Horn and was performing
that night.  Got me a pass and arranged for me to meet her.  I was really
impressed at this charming young woman.  She is very warm and friendly.

I have attended almost every one of her performances here in Washington and
have loved every one of them.  Yes she will be back in DC next Fall.  I'll
need to check my NSO subscribers booklet again for the dates if you want me
to post them.

Janice Rosen