From:
Ramon Khalona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 20:04:30 -0400
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have never heard a recording by him that is not riveting.  I also
>notice that on the occasions other conductors are asked who they admire
>they almost always name him.  Maybe he isn't a threat to them.

Papa (Erich) used to say that he liked going to other conductors' concerts
because if they conducted well he was happy for them, but if they didn't he
was even happier.  In addition to being great conductors, the Kleibers have
been rare birds because the power game seems not to have been their game.

Ramon Khalona
Carlsbad, California