From:
Joseph Previte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 17:40:21 -0500
Marian Tryggvason wrote:

>Hi everyone I am conducting survey into how and where most people who
>like *serious* classical music purchase their CDs.  Can your local record
>store cope? Do you use the internet? Is so, do you like the sites
>available?

I suppose I am a serious classical music CD buyer.  I purchase about
10 discs a week from various sites.  Most of my new discs are purchased
from CDChoice in Philadelphia over the internet.  Most specialty items are
ordered by them over the phone.  I buy about 35% of my discs as used copies
from the same source.  I also order 10 - 15% discs from Tower over the net,
about 10 - 15% combined from BMG/Columbia, and <5% from other sources.  I
also buy 15% of my discs as cutouts from Berkshire.  Hope this helps.

JPrevite