From:
Laurence Glavin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:19:08 -0500
Len Fehskens wrote:

>It's a cliche (i.e., a timeworn truth) within the the pop music business,
>at every level from touring megahit bands to cover bands playing in bars,
>that most audiences want to hear they stuff they know and like. It
>doesn't matter how good you are, you don't get invited back if you play
>unfamiliar stuff.

Just for fun, I voted in the current "American Idol" for Nadia Turner,
who I believe has the talent to pursue a career on Broadway.  Needless
to say, my vote was the proverbial "kiss of death"...  she was booted
off the show, and the scuttlebutt is that the reason was her choice of
"unfamiliar" material.

Laurence Glavin
Methuen,  Mass.