From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 16:20:25 -0500
Richard Pennycuick wrote:

>Satoshi Akima suggested:
>
>>Ever better can you imagine a conductor on outdoing the baseball World
>>Series today in the ratings game???
>
>Which reminded me instantly of the classic PDQ Bach Beethoven 5th with
>baseball-style commentary; the performance was conducted by the great
>Heilige Dankgesang.  A knowledge of baseball is not a prerequisite for
>enjoying this wonderful nonsense.

Especially as the game was American football!  I loved the identification
of Heilige Dankgesang (Sacred Song of Thanksgiving), which, for the few
who need an explanation, and to keep this post musical, is how Beethoven
characterized the slow movement of his Quartet No.  15 in a minor, as
a famous Danish conductor.

Walter Meyer