From:
Bob Kasenchak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 11:43:51 -0700
Aaron Rabushka, on Schumann syms:

>I got Bernstein's set from the library this week, and having listened to #2
>it seems like it's going to be better that a lot of what Bernstein recorded.

Interesting that B's recordings do not seem to go over big on the List.
Anyone heard his Tristan & Isolde? It runs 5 CDs rather than the usual 4;
the Prelude is sooooooooo slow it's almost unfathomable.

I'll have to check out his Schumann though.  I'd have to throw in with the
 [seeming] consensus and say the recent Gardiner set is quite good (just to
stay on thread!).

Bob K.