From:
Mikael Rasmusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:09:50 +0100
Uncle Dave Lewis wrote:

>Liszt's three children were all borne by the Countess Marie D'Agoult.
>AFAIK she and FL were never married.  Cosima was the only one of the three
>to live into full maturity- she died in 1930 (!) Daughter Blandine died at
>age 31, unmarried and son Daniel at only age 20.

Blandine was Married to Emile Olivier (sp?), who was a lawyer and
politician if I remmber correctly.  She died while (or within a couple
of days after) giving birth to a baby.  I don't remember if the baby
survived....

>Liszt must've seen the irony in his only progeny bearing Wagner's family,
>but in later years he did get used to it.

What's the irony, by the way? Liszt was of course not happy because Wagner
destroyed Hans von Bulow's (Cosima's first husband) life.  Under other
circumstances Liszt might have been proud about the Cosima-Wagner relation.

Mikael