From:
Christopher Webber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 01:35:20 +0100
Arturo llamas writes:

>Hi list members: I've read about a work called "En la tumba de Debussy"
>(At Debussy's grave): a multi-composers work by Manuel M. Ponce, Manuel
>de Falla, and others.  Do you have any information on this? Thanks in
>advance....

The "tombeau" collection for Debussy was commissioned by the editor of the
Parisian 'Revue Musicale'; and Falla's "homenaje" was written for Catalan
guitarist Migual Llobet (a pupil of Tarrega).

The short solo for guitar appeared in "La revue" with a group of pieces for
various instrumental forces by Bartok, Dukas, Goossens, Malipiero, Ravel,
Roussel, Satie, Schmitt and Stravinsky.  Most of these have been recorded,
but never of course together.  Ponce was not involved.

Falla subsequently made piano and orchestral versions of the guitar
original.

Christopher Webber,  Blackheath, London,  UK.
http://www.nashwan.demon.co.uk/zarzuela.htm
"ZARZUELA!" The Spanish Music Site