From:
Roberto Strappafelci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 23:03:15 +0100
Donald Satz pontificates about pontificating:

>In conclusion, whether it's HIP or modern, the ultimate test is the
>enjoyment derived by the listener, and enjoyment is about as subjective
>an element as one can find.  Let's stop pontificating about so-called
>objective views and simply zero in on our enjoyment levels.

Don's conclusion here shows up quite an affinity with the 'response theory'
by H.R.Jauss.  The meaning of a work of art does not lie in its own
intrinsic features, rather it resides in the interrelationships between the
work of art itself and the interpretations given by performers/recipients,
thus creating an endless chain.  There is no final meaning or value, only
different readings in different places at different times.

Will this be the key to objective subjectveness?

Roberto Strappafelci