From:
Dave Harman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:46:47 -0700
Joel Hill wrote:

>I see that the BMG Music Club that I belong to has the Volodos Rachmaninoff
>3rd as the featured selection.  Keeping in mind that I can get several free
>selections if I choose to buy it, is it really worth the $16+?

I'd be careful ...  most of the young performers - Kissin comes to mind -
play the 3rd way too slow.  They also use the turgid alternate 1st movemont
cadenza.  I'd find a way to listen before buying.  On the other hand, if
the price is right, maybe your local library could use the CD.  That's
where my Kissin 3rd went.

Dave Harman
El Paso, Tx