From:
Pablo Massa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 21:13:44 -0300
Robert Peters:

>And, yes, modern music cannot sound like Mendelssohn because we do live in
>different, less harmonic, much more disturbing times.

Are you sure? Ergo:

a) Music has to be as "harmonic" as it social and cultural environment
seems to be.  (I learnt that at highschool).

b) Mendelssohn's times were less problematic and disturbing than ours.
Yeah.  Birds sang at the forests, beauty peasants dressed like Heidi
offered themselves freely to soldiers and countrymen, and everybody drank
beer all day because cell phones and PCs were not invented yet.  We were
born at the wrong century, don't you think?

Pablo Massa