From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 10:52:22 -0700
Mimi Ezust wrote:

>Harvard Radio (they are online and streaming at www.whrb.org) is doing
>a chronological survey of Vaughan Williams.  This program got a late
>start, so they are only up to 1925 if you are following their online
>program guide.
>
>I just heard for the first time, the violin concerto in d minor, Concerto
>Academico, conducted by Previn and played beautifully by James Buswell.

Bu an odd coincidence I've just finished listening to a Pearl disc of
premiere recordings by the Boyd Neel Orchestra: Britten's Simple Symphony
and Bridge Variations and RVW's Concerto Academico and Tallis Fantasia.
This is close to being a desert island disc for me and I listen to it
several times a week.

Deryk