From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 06:19:20 -0700
If the amount of care that went into the sorting process and the
selection of "categories" for approval or disapproval is any guide, I
don't have much hope for the data base.  Aside from typos and mispellings
(no indication whether users are to take them seriously), many of the
things we are asked to sort are nonsense characters (I assume other than
Roman alphabets).  Other things are simply words that have no application
to any genre of music, classical or otherwise, including the classic
"f**k." Is this just to see if users are paying attention?

There are already several de facto data bases on the net for classical
music.  I recommend our own Dave Lampson's ClassicalNet and Music on the
Web.

I also recommend books for those who don't know the genres of classical
music.  These are fairly basic, and you probably don't need more than
one.

Steve Schwartz